There are many different types of pliers for jewelry-making, covering the basics to more advanced needs. It can sometimes be confusing, especially if you are new to this craft. You may wonder what the best pliers are and the ones that have great value.
Unlike other types of pliers, nylon pliers for jewelry-making will not leave marks on your precious wires and metal sheets. These tools are ideal for projects that involve jewelry wires and other wires that you would like to remain pretty and scratchless.
These pliers not only keep your wires beautiful, but they are also ideal for straightening them. You can simply run your nylon pliers over the wires to straighten and strengthen them for your jewelry-making projects.
Straightening wires is a perfect way to somehow undo minor mistakes by getting rid of the kinks. Your nylon jaws will wear out over time, but there are replacement jaws that you can buy.
So when you buy your nylon pliers for jewelry-making projects, you need to ensure that you are buying the best one for you. Get strong, durable pliers that have the greatest bang for your buck.
This simple guide that I made includes nylon pliers featured on Amazon, which is the most convenient and reliable place to buy your nylon pliers. These products are Amazon’s best nylon pliers for jewelry-making and have great ratings from many other customers.
I hope this list helps you find the perfect one if you want to start making jewelry and find yourself in need of nylon pliers.
List of Contents:
- 1. THE BEADSMITH 6-in-1 Bail-Making Pliers
- 2. THE BEADSMITH Bent Chain-Nose Pliers
- 3. SUNNYCLUE 5.5-Inch Double Nylon Jaw Flat-Nose Pliers (Pink)
- 4. 4469 COUSIN Nylon Jaw Craft and Jewelry Pliers
- 5. SHYNEK 8 Pieces Jewelry-Making Micro Jewelry Pliers Set
- 6. MUDDER 2 Packs Nylon Nose Pliers
- 7. THE BEADSMITH Nylon-Jaw Chain-Nose Pliers
- 8. Jewelry Pliers, SHYNEK 6 Pieces Jewelry-Making Pliers Tools
- 9. PMS SUPPLIES 5 ¾” Flat Nose Pliers with Extra Nylon Jaws
- 10. PMC SUPPLIES 4 ¾” Flat Nose Non-Marring Nylon Jaw Pliers
1. THE BEADSMITH 6-in-1 Bail-Making Pliers
This heavy-duty The Beadsmith 6-in-1 pliers will help you make beading and wire-shaping simple. It is an excellent addition to any jewelry-making kit, especially because of its value. This multi-tool can replace six separate plier tools by creating 2mm to 9mm loops.
The Beadsmith 6-in-1 Bail-Making Pliers are the perfect tool for jewelry-making projects. It will help you bend and loop metal wires easily to create your DIY jewelry and accessories. It also features double-leaf springs and a lap-joint construction that prevents hand fatigue.
It does not matter whether you are a professional jeweler or a hobby crafter. Because these pliers are so versatile and durable, it will be perfect for your jewelry-making and other DIY projects.
2. THE BEADSMITH Bent Chain-Nose Pliers
These chain-nose pliers are perfect for jewelry-making and jewelry repair projects. Made from high-quality PVC rubber and polished steel, this durable tool will make crafting easier for you.
It features an innovative chain-nose design. You will be able to reach difficult angles and shape wires that are hard to reach. With this tool, you also do not need to worry about using other pliers that might get in the way.
The polished steel head for heavy-duty projects and PVC rubber handles offer a better customer experience. With their double-leaf spring and box-joint construction, these pliers offer ease while in use.
3. SUNNYCLUE 5.5-Inch Double Nylon Jaw Flat-Nose Pliers (Pink)
Made of carbon steel, these Sunnyclue double nylon jaw flat-nose pliers are reliable. It also features a non-slip rubber handle and a single-leaf spring construction, which make it more durable.
It is about 5.5” long and 0.7” wide, making it very convenient to bring anywhere outside your home. Its flat-nose design will help in straightening wires and making sharp bends or right angles. These features make it an excellent addition to your quality jewelry-making supplies.
You need to note that the nylon jaws are removable, which means falling off is normal. There are also oils on the pliers, which keep it in perfect condition. There is no need to worry because these things will, in no way, affect the pliers’ performance.
4. 4469 COUSIN Nylon Jaw Craft and Jewelry Pliers
These nylon pliers are perfect if you love DIY jewelry-making projects. You can use it when working with soft metals like silver to create sharp bends. You can also use it to smooth out kinks on your wires to maintain its beautiful appearance.
It features comfortable padded handles and durable double-leaf spring construction. These two key features will provide the user with an excellent experience.
But you need to keep in mind that this is not the tool if you want something to make small loops or designs on your wires. This type of pliers is usually best for straightening, not looping.
5. SHYNEK 8 Pieces Jewelry-Making Micro Jewelry Pliers Set
Are you like other crafters who prefer buying supplies by sets or bulk? If yes, then this Shynek pliers set is perfect for you. It comes with eight jewelry pliers and a storage bag. The pliers set includes:
- Chain-nose pliers
- Have rounded, tapering jaws
- Perfect for forming loops, or wire wrapping, and creating eye pins
- Round-nose pliers
- Have long, tapering jaws that is smooth and pointed
- Perfect for gripping, bending, crimping, opening and closing jump rings, holding small items, and shaping wire
- Bent-nose pliers
- Have bent angle of tips so you can see your work without the handles getting in the way
- Perfect for getting into hard-to-reach areas, wire-shaping, and opening and closing jump rings
- Nylon jaw pliers
- Have soft jaws that prevent scratches and dents
- Perfect for straightening out kinks
- Crimping pliers
- Can create U shapes that lock in wires and secure wires to make it look neat
- Perfect for creating neatly-finished crimps
- End nippers
- Have cutting edges set at right angles, which provide access to tighter areas
- Perfect for cutting protruding wire ends
- Bail pliers
- Feature six looping sizes, which make it easy to create jump rings of various sizes
- Perfect for producing many bails, wire patterns
- Wire cutters
- Perfect for cutting soft and delicate wires
One of my favorite things about this set is the black zipper bag that comes with it. It has elastic bands that firmly hold your pliers for a better organization. These pliers do an excellent job in almost everything you need to do in jewelry-making and repair.
Take note that there is no need to worry if you receive pliers with oil on the head, making it look dirty. The oil prevents rust and keeps your pliers in perfect condition. You can simply wipe them clean with a cloth before you use them. But remember to put oil again before storage.
6. MUDDER 2 Packs Nylon Nose Pliers
Made of carbon steel, these Mudder nylon-nose pliers are durable and have a smoother and more polished surface. Its double-leaf spring construction allows you to use the pliers smoothly. It also features slip-resistant rubber handles enable you to hold it comfortably and firmly.
You can use these pliers to straighten out, twist, and shape jewelry wires. You do not have to worry about scratching or leaving dents on your precious wires. Take note that the oil on the pliers lubricates it and keeps its ideal condition. But it does not affect its use in any way.
7. THE BEADSMITH Nylon-Jaw Chain-Nose Pliers
Like other The Beadsmith pliers, these nylon-jaw chain-nose pliers will help you work with delicate wires with ease. You do not have to worry about scratching or marring them. You can also grip pins and open jump rings and wires with ease.
These chain-nose pliers have smooth jaws that are perfect for working with more delicate wires. It also features a double-leaf spring that prevents hand fatigue and cramping. Its high-quality construction also enables the to bend wires or repair various jewelry pieces.
With their durable material and PVC handles, these pliers are perfect for your DIY jewelry-making projects. Develop your creative and artistic skills with this reliable jewelry-making tool.
8. Jewelry Pliers, SHYNEK 6 Pieces Jewelry-Making Pliers Tools
This set of Shynek jewelry-making pliers rounds up all the basic functions for jewelry-making. It does not matter if you are a beginner or an expert. These pliers will be a perfect addition to your collection of supplies. It includes:
- One pair of chain-nose pliers
- One pair of round-nose pliers
- One pair of side-cutter pliers
- One pair of bent-nose pliers
- One pair of nylon-jaw pliers
- One pair of crimping pliers
- One jump ring opener
- One zipper bag
You need to note that there is nothing to worry about if you receive pliers that have oil on the head. Oils coat your pliers to prevent rust and keep them in perfect condition. Simply wipe them off before use. But you need to oil the heads again before storage.
Buy it here: Jewelry Pliers, SHYNEK 6 Pieces Jewelry-Making Pliers Tools with Needle Nose Pliers/Chain Nose Pliers, Round Nose Pliers, Nylon Jaw Pliers, Wire Cutter, Bent Nose Pliers, and Crimping Pliers.
9. PMS SUPPLIES 5 ¾” Flat Nose Pliers with Extra Nylon Jaws
These quality nylon pliers by PMS Supplies are perfect for your DIY jewelry-making projects. They will not mar, scratch, or leave any damages to your wires. And, the package includes an extra pair of replacement jaws and screws, which offers an excellent value to your money.
10. PMC SUPPLIES 4 ¾” Flat Nose Non-Marring Nylon Jaw Pliers
These PMS Supplies nylon pliers feature non-marring and removable jaws. It is perfect for DIY jewelry-making projects because it will not damage your wires in any way. With their soft PVC-coated handles, these pliers also prevent hand fatigue and cramping.